Finally, the long awaited day has arrived and its like sitting for the exam! :) Two months of planning and procrastination (ahem!) finally comes to a fruitful enjoyable evening. As you would have seen in the Facebook updates, all items were collected separately to avoid 'traffic jam' due to the schedule of sponsors and myself. Nevertheless, the last item was collected two days before the party date. The event was held on 15th Dec 2012 1200pm. We arrived an hour earlier to see how we can organise the hall, setup the table/chairs and tag the gifts. We got some help from the kids to help to organise the tables, and volunteers start trickling in. For this time, I got a photographer to take the photos so that I can
|Lable and tagging at the last minute...yes, we work better under pressure....|
|Guys, get back to work!|
|Thanks Brenda! :)|
|Opening the party pack|
As the kids arrived, we gave them the party packs and they were happily opening it and see what is inside the pack. I did a quick introduction to all the volunteers and get the kids to go for lunch. The menu for the day is KFC, fried noodle, fried mee hoon, curry chicken, curry puffs, soft drinks and Vitagen, which I can consider a very normal food for us, but it could be a rare treat for the kids at the home. We noticed that the kids love to eat the mee hoon.
|Drink, drank.. and drunk..|
|Thanks Jennifer... the photo is for illustration purposes only... ha ha|
|Waiting for lunch..|
|Lining up for lunch|
|Mee hoon for kids, mee for adults... ;)|
Things start to fall into place as we go along and I think its because of the food! The volunteers mixed around with the kids and I can see the happy faces and smiles from ear to ear..
After lunch, we took a break before the Chief Games Organiser start the games. First game was the newspaper game, er.. dont know how to explain but I guess I will let the photos speak for itself. We are lucky to have Max who brought his magical guitar to beef up the Christmas mood.
|Max and his magical guitar to spice up the event|
|We sang Happy Bday to Andrew for his birthday|
|And let the newspaper game start....|
|Cik, ini bukan acara lontar peluru ..... lolx|
|The next game is musical chair...|
|The final two....|
|The next game.. explode the balloon..|
I would like to thank Wendy for the gifts preparation. I can see the kids happy faces when they receive the gift. We later presented the Christmas gift and also the school bags and uniform to the kids. You can see them grinning from ear to ear.
|Thanks Ashely & friends for the bags!|
|Mission Accomplished! :)|
|Drawing from Kopi Soh.. TQ!|
The project would not had be a successful event if not for the efforts and assistance provided by all sponsors and for that, I am truly grateful to all our sponsors and strangers who have contributed their time and effort, cash or kinds to ensure this little project comes to a success and benefited the children.
Hence, I would like to thank the following sponsors...
- Ashley Wong, Chong Cheong Sung, Chong Chun Haw, Low Hui Meng, Teoh Chun Sim, Yeo Yan Fen, Tay Sook King, Wong Siew Fung, Kiki Chor, Kok Kin, Eugene, Jessy Lim, Shirley Tan, Alice Ang, Eunice Yip, Samantha Sui, Chi Wah, Catherine Chai - TQ for the sponsorship for the school bags and uniforms.
- Brenda Ang and friends - for the gift and party packs, and please thank your kids for the efforts and time packing it!
- Ong/Wendy - Thanks for your ever superb support in all our projects.
- Tony Lim - Cup cakes are good and its good I know u well enough to get more...for free!
- Jen C - 5 curry puffs are not enough to test.
- Jane - gifts for the kids
- A colleague - 2 pairs of 1Malaysia Official Fly Swatters
- Jacinta/ Ms Teh HC / Mdm Loong - for the shoe sponsorship.
- Eric - for the time and photographs.. thats what friends are for...:P
- Sanddie - for the quick response to the almost last minute request.
- Alex Hang - The 30 bottles of Vitagen was good, but I only manage to verify all are good for the kids after my 30th bottle...
- Fellow Volunteers - Siong Leong/Siong Seong/Chloe/Sonia - F&B and Games Officers...Only 3 games?! Next year quota is 6 with Vodka! :P
- Kopi Soh - thanks for the drawing!
I also have to thank the few sponsors that ping me immediately to donate items the moment it get posted on FB, the items required get 'snatched up' pretty fast! I m wondering if I should put this on eBay the next round?
Lastly, my sincere apprecation to ALL for making a great event to end the year with! Thank you for making a difference in the kids' life. If I have missed your name, its not intentional, just that I tend to get forgetful! And speaking of forgetful, I forgot to gave George the RM570 cheque for the shoes as BATA does not sell their vouchers at the retail shop and you will have to go to HQ (The Curve) to purchase it.
Till then, a wishing you a good year ahead and Happy New Year! :)
Update 27/12/2012 - Finally gave George the cheque of RM570 for the school shoes.